Thursday, October 15, 2009

I've Been Itching To Tell You....


Mom....please stop it. What is going on????


Our Wednesday, like every Wednesday, was a normally scheduled day. Came home from picking the kids up at school and Ramsay did his normal happy dance; pay attention to me, where is dinner, hi, where is dinner, glad your home, where is dinner, where the HELL is dinner? I was busy preparing our dinner plus putting away groceries when I noticed Ramsay was upstairs bugging Tyler. All was quiet and I should of taken that as a sign of the apocalypse. Ramsay sauntered downstairs and put his head on my lap feeling desperately sorry for himself. I quickly discovered two raised bumps that deformed his muzzle. It was the onset of (chocolate induced?) hives that would soon cover him from head to almost toe.



We immediately found the benadryl and started heavy doses - not enough to prevent the outbreak but more than enough to help Ramsay sleep comfortably (and me too!). The itch was enough to drive both him and us nuts. Poor fella. Last night he was feeling the full effect of his benadryl martini as shown by the slow motion stagger required to go outside and pee on his own foot. Poor baby.


No, not liver spots on Patric's hand but the hives on top of my baby's head. This is today's discovery. More bumps, more scratching, more benadryl and after these pictures, the appearance of some improvement. The worst is over?!?!




Lessons learned: No candy wrappers to be left in the garbage, lots of benadryl purchased just in case and a itchy dog equals a night on the couch for Patric. Thank goodness Patric is good with little to no sleep. Ramsay would like to know why he takes more than his share of the couch?!

No comments: